Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Birthday Extravaganza and Baby Shower

I got so behind updating everyone on our March!  March is always one of my most favorite months, even though this year the weather didn't change over to 65 and sunny like it does sometimes.  Why do I love March?  Why the best non-Thanksgiving holiday of the year (my birthday) and the best party you'll never be invited to (Birthday Extravaganza).  And this March got even better when my sweet friends Kim and Kerri decided to throw me a baby shower!

I wasn't really expecting a baby shower because this is our second little sweetie, but Kim and Kerri were adamant that I should have one - it's been eight years afterall!  Most of Alli's old stuff is recalled by now.  I'm not kidding.  Drop side cribs are sooo out, kids.  Like illegal.  Who knew?  Me, after I went into a baby furniture store.  I burst into tears when we left and questioned all of my parenting skills.

But I digress.  Two of the hottest parties of the year were set to occur the same weekend!  I could barely contain my excitement!!  First, Birthday Extravaganza commenced Saturday night.  We started out with the crowning ceremony followed by the traditional dinner of chicken and dumplings, green beans, and rolls.  Nom nom.




Then we opened presents - I got some moolah, a scarf, a new painting, and some sah-weeeeeet Beats by Dre.  Hot pink of course.  How do parents just know?



Afterwards, we had our cake and ate it too.  Lindsey got a very pretty cake from Ricks, but nothing can beat my grandmother's chocolate sheath cake.  I mean seriously.  Yum.

The next day was shower day!!  I was too excited.  The shower was at Kim's beautiful new house, and so many of my great friends and family were there.  Alli insisted on going and opened the presents for me.  You should have seen the confusion when she opened the breast pump.  Nice.  That's a conversation I still owe her.


The Rachel sisters - I seriously love this picture.

Ryan, Alli, Riley and I are so happy and fortunate to be surrounded by so many loving and supportive people - thanks to everyone who came or sent gifts.  We are totally set up and completely "pinked" out.  You know that makes Mama happy.  And a very special thanks to Kim & Kerri for throwing the whole thing.  I wish we had gotten a picture together, but I don't think I would want to stand next to either of you teeny girls with this round belly and face!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!