Sunday, April 28, 2013

Weekend Recap

What a wonderfully busy weekend we Lowes had!  I feel like I got so much checked off my to do list and still was able to relax and enjoy time with my family.  For starters, Friday afternoon, Cash's vet called to let me know that his lump was cancer free!  Such a huge relief for us.  It was a regressing histiocytoma, which Landry had as a puppy.  There were some mast cells around it, but he said that's not uncommon with that type of lump.  We are going to keep getting every little bump aspirated, but we were so relieved that this one, which was particularly ugly, was benign.  And his stitches can come out this week.  All great news!  Then, Friday night after work I got a pedicure.  Having your feet rubbed this late in the pregnancy game is a Godsend!!  I told them I planned to see them one more time before I have this little sweetie, so here's hoping we make it to 39 weeks.

We had a storm blow through around 2AM on Saturday morning, so I slept like a baby.  Then we got up around 9AM, had bacon, eggs, and my fantastic homemade drop biscuits.  We tried to walk the pups next, but it started raining pretty hard, so we only got to do a very short loop.  We did spend some time that morning clearing out Riley's room, packing her diaper bag, making the hospital packing list, and boiling bottles and passies.

Then we headed in to town.  Alli has majorly outgrown her first pair of riding boots - they were a size 13 and now she's a 3!  Bless her heart, no wonder she fought me every time we put them on.  So we headed to one of my favorite stores in Fayetteville called Everything Horse and Hound to get new boots.  We of course walked out with new gloves, new socks, and some little pony socks for Riley.  You just can't stop me in a horse store.

Then I went in for a hair appointment - I got my last full foil before this little lady makes her big debut.  So hard to believe that the next time I go in, I'll have a bambino in tow!!  I also snagged some cute hair ties and two new summer Piko tops.  I am still obsessed with these - how convenient is it that they are in style and still fit pregnant ladies?  Screw you, peplum tops.  I love my Pikos.

After a little dinner, this mama was worn out and hit the hay early.  Ryan and Alli watched a movie and popped some popcorn, I think.  I was seriously snoozing by 7PM.

Today we walked the pups, and then Alli had a horse show.  She got two firsts and two seconds - very exciting.  She's not always too keen on the thirds and fourths.  She rode really well, and we are so very very proud of her.  We also got to see a little girl she used to go to Montessori School with who just started riding a few months ago - so fun!


Afterwards, we got our planting on here at the house (finally).  I'm a mid-to-late April planter, because you just never know when you're going to get that last frost.  I was a little lost at first trying to plant for this house.  In our last house, I had been doing it for five years, so I had a good idea of what plants went where.  This one was a whole new experience for me!

I did decide not to tear up any beds.  Our builder planted them, and he did pretty well, but I definitely have some changes I'd like to make.  However, with a bambino on the way, I decided to leave well enough alone.  We did purchase a green Japanese maple that they are going to plant in front of our house in two weeks.  It's going to go right in front of our front office window, so it'll provide some shade and privacy.  We are so excited!

So anyway, I got all of the pots done, and I think they look great.  We did African daisies, a tomato plant, a strawberry plant, and petunias in the back.  I like to have a few fruit/veggie producing plants, as Alli really seems to enjoy them.  Thanks to the Gosselin family for the strawberry plant!



And then vincas, vinca vines, dracaena, a penta, more petunias, and a geranium in the front.  I hear the humming birds really love the pentas, and I've seen myself that they love petunias.  I am itching for a birdbath or feeder, but I think that will have to come after we get the tree planted.




Then I painted yogurt on the terra cotta pot with the pentas in it, hoping to get a really nice patina on it in the next few weeks.  So now I am kicked back on our pretty shaded patio admiring our handiwork and trying to find the motivation to go cook.  Hope everyone's weekend was as fun as ours, and that you were all blessed with a gorgeous day like our Sunday has been!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!