Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pregnancy Update - 36 Weeks



How far along: 36 weeks

Size of baby: According to The Bump, Miss Riley is the size of a honeydew, weighing 4.2 to 5.8 pounds and measuring 17.2 to 18.7 inches long (same as 34 weeks, but continuing to beef up!)

Maternity clothes: ...sure.  Nothing fits right.  Now that I'm working from home full time until she gets here, I am spending my days in Ryan's shirts and my pj pants.  I can't complain.

Gender: A precious little girl named Riley Rachelle.

Movement:  A ton at night, not a ton during the day.  She has about 4 weeks to get that all straightened out!

Sleep: Sleep has been much better!  I finally got on antibiotics for that sinus infection, and I feel a million times better.  I'm only waking up a few times at night and am able to fall back asleep really quickly.

Symptoms: Swollen feet and ankles (which have improved a ton since I started working from home), a little heartburn (not nearly as bad as it was), and back pain.

What I miss: Rolling over in bed not being a tremendous effort!  Not feeling like an invalid - I have to have help with almost everything!  And wine.  And coffee.  And brownie dough.

Cravings: Sweets!!  Ryan has had to run to Shake's three times this week!!

Food aversions: Whatever gives me heartburn - but sometimes I just can't resist.

Best moment this week: We did our 35 week appointment early this week because I was having some pain, but my blood pressure was way too high.  He asked me about working from home, and my boss obliged - I am so lucky!  He also checked my cervix - nothing going on there.  I am guessing she is going to take her sweet time.  So while we went in because we were concerned and left concerned about my blood pressure, I just love hearing that little heart beat at 145 bpm.  And if I'm honest, I didn't want to work from home, but it's actually been really good for me physically.

What I am looking forward to: What's left?  I guess packing my hospital bag, which Ryan is insisting I get done this weekend (guessing he doesn't want to go searching for everything on the list).  But mostly just seeing our sweet baby girl!

2 comments:

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!