Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!!

My little grammatical brain can't decide if it's Mothers Day, Mother's Day, or Mothers' Day...so I just went with the general public consensus.  But I want you to know that deep down, I think it's Mothers' Day.

Today has been an incredibly wonderful Mother's Day for me.  Not only am I working on being a mama for the second time any ol' day now, but I got to spend it with some of my most favorite people doing my most favorite things!  Ryan and I had a great little date night out to Mermaids last night, and this morning I slept in late while Ryan and Alli went to go get Shipley's Donuts for me.  I am so happy we have a Shipley's up here - my grandfather worked there when I was a little girl so it brings back some awesome memories for me.

My Cash man snuggled up in my lap while I was drying my hair
After that, we headed out to the barn.  Alli had a challenging lesson - it probably wasn't her best, but like I told her, she probably improved a lot because of it!  Posting without stirrups is a hard thing, people.  And she was very brave to keep trying it over and over.


Then we grabbed some Shakey's (Riley's biggest craving) and headed home.  I needed to rest - I find myself able to do less and less for any period of time these days!  I took a good 45 minute nap, and then we decided to hit up Gator Golf, because it was a beautiful breezy day in the mid-60s.  We only planned to play 18 holes, but Ryan and Alli got a hole in one on the last hole, which means a free game for each of them, so we decided to do Course #2 as well.  As long as someone would set up my ball and pick it up for me, I was doing just fine!



Then we grabbed Cracker Barrel (Riley's other big craving - this kid is making me such a fatty!) and headed home.  I'm catching up on the blog-a-roo while Ryan and Alli play Lego Batman upstairs in their game room.  I call it theirs because I never go up there.  It's probably in shambles, and I have no idea.

I also got some really precious cards and a giftcard for a mani/pedi - hoping to use that in about a week and a half so that I am pretty to meet Miss Riley.  Happy Mother's (Mothers, Mothers') Day to all of the fabulous mamas I know, but especially my own.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!