Monday, May 13, 2013

Pregnancy Update - 37 Weeks



How far along: 37 weeks

Size of baby: According to The Bump, Miss Riley is the size of a winter melon (??), weighing 6.2 to 9.2 pounds and measuring 18.9 to 20.9 inches long

Maternity clothes: If Pikos, stretchy pants, pj pants, and Ryan's shirts are maternity clothes, then yes.  This week, Alli asked me in front of her teachers if I was wearing the same shirt I wore to bed the night before.  The answer was yes.

Gender: Still a sweet girl named Riley Rachelle

Movement:  Still lots of strong jabs.  She's far more active in the evenings than during the day, but I mostly have her little patterns figured out, so I try not to worry about it too much.  I did find out at our last appointment that she's head down, so I have pushed her little hiney out of my ribs more than once!

Sleep: Sleep is off and on.  I'm having a lot of cray cray dreams (Dad coaching the Razorbacks, my childhood pony Hopper is stuck at the old house, I'm at a rodeo...), and I have to get up a lot to go to the bathroom.  And I'm snoring.  Isn't that terrible?  I actually woke myself up snoring the other day.

Symptoms: Swollen feet and ankles (I went in to work Friday for my review and to see my coworkers, and I came home to stumps!), some back aches and cramps.

What I miss: Sound sleep - I guess I better get used to it!  Margaritas - went to a happy hour with the coworkers Friday and sipped water on the patio.  And wine & coffee, coffee & wine.

Cravings: Sweets - Alli, Ryan, and I are making s'mores later at Alli's request, and I can barely contain myself.

Food aversions: Not much - I am still not interested in red meat and am having to avoid red sauces, which includes pizza and my beloved Mama Z's.  I think that's what I'll have for my post-birth meal.  Ryan, are you listening?

Best moment this week: We got to see Riley again this week.  I asked if he could tell if she was head down, and he decided to do a quick ultrasound.  Her little face was all smooshed, so I know she's running out of room.  But it's always so fun to see her.  And my mother's day (see previous post) was pretty rad as well.

What I am looking forward to: RILEY.  She's all that's missing now!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!