Monday, May 27, 2013

Pregnancy Update - 39 Weeks



How far along: 39 weeks - I'm laughing but I'm dying of anticipation.

Size of baby: According to The Bump, Miss Riley is the size of a watermelon, weighing 6.2 to 9.2 pounds and measuring 18.9 to 20.9 inches long.  These foods just keep sounding more and more painful.

Maternity clothes: It's my own version of maternity - Pikos, stretchy pants, Ryan's soft t-shirts, and reindeer pajama pants.

Gender: A sweet but obviously very stubborn girl named Riley Rachelle

Movement:  This girl is cray.  Every night around 8PM and then again at 10PM (and then again at 12AM...) she gets totally wild.  Like rolling, kicking, and punching all over the place!  If you're running out of room, Riley, I have a solution for you...

Sleep: Sleep is okay.  I've been staying up late over this holiday weekend watching movies.  I know I need to sleep while I can, but I am so impatient for her to show up that I have to have something keep my mind off of it!

Symptoms: Heartburn, swelling, some back pain - nothing new, just the usual.

What I miss: Laying out at the pool on my stomach and fitting into my swimsuits.  That's been a new challenge this Memorial Day weekend.  Also having a jaw line, having outfits I can wear for any occasion, and wine.  And coffee.

Cravings: Sweets - I baked a yellow cake with chocolate icing and called it Riley's birthday cake.  She did not seem to be motivated by it, because it's long gone.  I just made another one last night.  Maybe this one will make it until her birth?

Food aversions: I pretty much love all food right now.  I hate it when something gives me heartburn, but I just load up on the Tums.

Best moment this week: Alli's horse show - watching her overcome the adversity she faced was incredible (more on that in the next post).  And spending all of this three day weekend with my little family of three - at the pool, at the barn, playing Yahtzee.  Maybe Riley was giving me one more weekend to savor total focus on Alli.  

What I am looking forward to: She's registered for daycare.  Her newborn photoshoot is scheduled.  Her clothes are washed.  Come on, Riley!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!