Thursday, July 11, 2013

Destin Diary 2013: Vacation Day 4

Here's a great start to a vacation day:  A morning at the Donut Hole eating not one, not two, but three Chocolate Angels.  What?  The diet starts Monday.



After a delicious and nutritious breakfast, we dropped Alli and Ryan off at the condo for a morning of ocean fun while Mom, Lindsey, Riley and I hit up the Destin History & Fishing Museum.  This is my mom's favorite attraction in Destin (and perhaps all the world) where one of the founding families of Destin runs a museum detailing the history of the city.  It's really small and really neat - the city has a pretty impressive story.  After that, we took Riley to Dewey Destin's (our favorite restaurant in Destin) to eat some fried shrimp with a view of the bay.

When we got back from Dewey's, Mom and Lindsey went out to the beach and I hung in the condo with Riley, Alli, & Ryan.  I came down just in time for the rain to kick up, and we actually saw dolphins from the beach instead of the balcony - that's a first!

We chatted with our neighbors from Georgia some (he has Masters tickets and trades them for a free week at our condo every year) and then headed in.  I took a good two hour nap, which I never do, and woke up to SupFast - our annual breakfast-for-dinner meal at the beach.  It was alleged that Alli cleared and set the table, which I wouldn't have believed until I saw the proof.  Obviously I need to put this kid to work more.


We spent another evening on the balcony marveling at the ocean in all its glory and lamenting the fact that we were all too tired to play card games every night, even though we always want to.  Maybe tomorrow night?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!