Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Destin Diary 2013: Vacation Day 6

Did you think I forgot about our last day of vacation??  I didn't - I was just in mourning.  Seriously, I didn't even want to go to the beach with a newborn, and on the last day, I was devastated by our leaving.  We started out our last morning watching dolphins again.  Like I said in the last post, the day was clear and beautiful, which we needed after the rainy day before.  The water finally started looking the emerald color we are used to, even though it never got as pretty as it has in years past.  The excessive rain the week before really caused issues in the water color.

My mom had been admiring the paddle boards all week, so she decided to give them a try.  And of course, she had a little helper with her.



Everyone but me gave the paddle board a shot.  I've seen Jaws II too many times to go out in the ocean on any sort of small craft.

I spent quite a bit of this sunny day playing in the ocean with Alli and tanning on the beach.  Why can't all days be beach days?  Ryan and I also snapped some really great pictures of Riley smiling.


Ahh, couldn't you just eat her up??  We closed the evening with our now annual family beach pictures. I absolutely love these.  It's so awesome to see how everyone changes every year.  I can't believe the first year we did it, I had to twist some arms to get everyone out there.  And now it's a tradition that we can't miss.  We decided to change it up a little this year and do shades of pink, white, and teal.  Riley bucked the system and did green, though.  It was definitely her year to stand out.







We cannot get this man to take more than one or two normal pictures before he starts the pointing and flexing.  Fortunately, Alli and Riley play along well.









We all humored Dad with our own pointing picture.


And I really need to work on my ups.  White girl can't jump.  Don't think I'm not practicing before next year.






We closed the night watching one of my all time favorite movies Jaws (Alli was in bed of course).  You can't watch it until you have a year to get over the fear.  I can't believe Beach Vacay 2013 is already over.  360ish days to go...but who's counting?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!