Monday, August 19, 2013

Back to School

I cannot believe it's already time for this post!!  Alli headed back to school this morning for her very first day of third grade.  Wasn't I just writing the "Last day of second grade, Riley is due any day now" post?  And now the summer is completely gone, and Alli's back in school (and I go back to work in a week -- tear!!).  I know where it all went - soccer camps, horseback riding, a week at the beach, nearly a month at Tata's... - but I just wish I could rewind it all and start again.

Alli got the teacher she was dying to get at school this year, and I was so happy.  She swore she wouldn't care either way, but I know she was thrilled.  I was concerned that she wouldn't get much sleep last night, but she konked out pretty quickly.  That helped her get up early, thank goodness, after a summer of sleeping until 9AM.


She rocked her new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles backpack and lunchbox (packed herself) as well as her rainbow New Balance shoes.  Apparently they go with everything!


I can't help but think back to a year ago, when she was headed to second grade.  We lived in a different house and had no idea that her sweet little sister was on her way.  So much has changed in such a short time!


Here's wishing this big girl a most happy school year!!  This house is pretty darn quiet, and I can't wait to go pick her up this afternoon!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!