Sunday, August 4, 2013

Riley {Two Month Update}

Our precious little Riley Rachelle turned two months old yesterday!  I can't believe it's been two whole months since we welcomed her into our lives.


It was so hard to just pick the few quick facts we included here, because this little lady is changing every day!!

Key words to describe Riley this month:
  • Fickle.  Riley is absolutely 100% NOT Alli.  She is definitely a lot higher maintenance.  If you miss her "It's naptime" cues by just a few minutes, you've got a screaming meltdown on your hands.  She does not like to be hungry at all.  And once you think you've got her all figured out, she changes her mind on how she likes to be soothed, held, or played with.
  • Strong.  Riley's neck control improves every single day.  She's gotten excellent at tummy time, and she can turn her head side to side when she hears sounds or sees an object.
  • Awake.  She is most definitely coming out of that newborn sleepy period and having more and more hours of wakefulness during the day.  That has lead to a lot of fun playtime with smiles, cooing, and even a giggle for her daddy.  She's pretty ticklish!

In the past month Riley's been to Destin, Florida; Little Rock, Arkansas; and she even got to make a special trip to Prairie Grove to do a little antiquing.  Doesn't she look excited about it?


Alli is still madly in love with her little sister.  She even has this cute little song she sings to her that goes like this:  "My little little Riley Roo, Riley Roo, Riley Roo.  My little little Riley Roo shining by the light."  Riley likes to watch Alli, and Alli loves to hold Riley.  She asks us to do it at least three times a day, usually at the most inopportune moments.  But I try to let her be as involved as I can.  Big sis is obsessed.


I really can't complain too much about sleep.  Riley is not generally a great daytime napper, but she's a great night time sleeper.  We usually do a 5-6 hour stretch followed by a 3-4 hour stretch every night.  She still has a few nights where she does 3-4 hours then 2 hours, but that's maybe two nights out of seven.  She loves to snuggle in the morning, which makes waking up that much easier.


She's also a little trooper - we've been to the skating rink, Chic-Fil-A, the barn, and taekwondo class, and as long as we are working within her feeding schedule she's a happy camper.


It's been an amazing month with this little princess, and I think we've all gotten adjusted really well.  Next month I start back to work (tear!!) and she'll start daycare, so we will have a little more adjusting to do, but I am sure everything will go wonderfully.  Until then, I am going to enjoy my last three weeks at home with my girls!  Happy end of summer!


I've been struggling with how I want to do her monthly updates, and I finally stumbled across the perfect format.  I like the month by month stickers fine, but this month's sticker was blue and yellow, and we like pink and purple too much to miss a month of it.  So I stumbled across this website called PicMonkey and it helped me create exactly what I was envisioning.  I am sure over the next year I'll get better, but I'm not ashamed at my first attempt!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!