Monday, August 26, 2013

The Official End of Summer

Usually I'd consider Labor Day or the first day of school the last day of summer.  The pool usually closes on Labor Day, but back to school always elicits thoughts of Halloween, football, fall, and pumpkins.  However, this year I am marking the end of summer (though not the end of HEAT) with the end of my maternity leave.

That's right, after twelve blissful, sleepy, pajama-filled weeks home with our newest little lady, it's time for me to hit the grindstone again.  I am so very sad to leave Riley, but she is going to be in great care.  Ryan and I worked hard to find a great daycare that we love, but nothing beats bumming around with her all day.  I'm definitely excited to see my friends again and to use my brain in a different, non-diaper counting way.  There are a lot of moving parts that I'm nervous about, like leaving her, pumping, the morning schedule.  But I know that with a lot of grace and a little luck, we'll make it.

And in order to make myself feel a little better, I did a teensy bit of shopping.  It didn't help a ton (I'm still much bigger than I want to be!!), but it did help a little.  New shoes really make a difference, people.


So if you get a chance today, say a little prayer for me.  I'm going to need it!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!