Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Paint Party - Office Official

One of my very favorite rooms in our new house is the office.  It's right off the living room, and it's pretty much a formal room for pretties.  The computer gets to live there (not on the kitchen table which makes my heart happy), we have bookshelves for books, awards, and glass animals, and it's a zen place to get away and do a little studying or blogging.  One day it's going to be an awesome homework room for the chillins too.

So in our quest to eliminate the builder boring paint color pre-baby Lowe's arrival, we tackled the office a few weekends ago.  I was anxious to get ahold of this formal room and paint it an actual color to make the beautiful moldings pop.  Here are a few shots of the room pre-paint:




Talk about blah, right?  After much consternation, debate and a few testers, we settled on Behr's Simply Sage for the top half and Dragonfly for the bottom half.  Simply Sage is (spoiler alert) going to be a major paint color in the house, but I wanted to make this room a little more special.  Ryan and I worked tirelessly on this space while Alli's room was drying.  We even enlisted a little child labor.



Once done, we stood back, admired our handiwork, and solemnly promised each other we'd never tackle two rooms at once again.





I wish I knew how to work my fancy new camera, but the top half looks nothing like the original wall color.  Maybe I'll capture better pictures of it in the daylight.

Of course, there's still a lot of work to do, like curtains, art, and getting my framed diploma on the wall. I'm also wondering if we can handle a big tall houseplant that is cat safe?  But those things are all a lot easier to do with a teensy weensy.  Painting - not so much.  I'm not quite sure what all is going to evolve in there, but I'm excited for the ride (Decorating is a process.  Deep breath.  I will enjoy the process.  Repeat to self).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!