Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pregnancy Update - 21 Weeks



How far along: 21 weeks

Size of baby: According to The Bump, baby Lowe is the size of a pomegranate, weighing 12.7 ounces and measuring 10.5 inches long (almost double the size of our last update, if you're keeping score).

Maternity clothes: Still in them.  Still loving them.  Just added a new pair of brown work pants so that my co-workers don't have to live with my gray-black rotation only.  And I'm obsessed with my maternity jeans.  I may wear them forever.

Gender: We're finding out for sure TOMORROW!! AHHH!!!!!

Movement:  Movement has been up and down.  It was really strong and constant from weeks 17-19, but 20 and 21 it has slowed down some.  I've read that it's totally normal because baby is doing a lot of growing right now, but that doesn't stop me from poking my belly every now and then to get him or her riled up!

Sleep: Sleep got better for a few weeks, but I can't seem to get comfortable right now.  I'm hyper-aware that I need to sleep on my left side, so I think about it way too much.  And I still wake up at least once a night with a full bladder.

Symptoms: I still have some back pain, and I still have heartburn.  And I can still smell everything.  I'm thirsty all the time too!

What I miss: Wine and coffee.  Coffee and wine.

Cravings: SWEETS!  Fudge, ice cream, sweet tea, cookies, candy, pie.  I have a ridiculous sweet tooth right now and I can't get enough!

Food aversions: Nothing really.  I don't love beef (other than in spaghetti-form), but I'll have a burger if the mood strikes.

Best moment this week: I'm sure it will be finding out officially what we're having.  And also the fudge I bought yesterday.

What I am looking forward to: TOMORROW!!  Holding this little sweetie.  I am stalking everyone with a baby on Facebook because I can't get enough of them!  My baby shower in late March.  And, as always, decorating the nursery around the beautiful new crib and glider we bought last week.


Just a reminder that I've still got it.  And I rock reindeer pj pants all year long.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!