Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pregnancy Update - 23 Weeks


How far along: 23 weeks

Size of baby: According to The Bump, baby Lowe is the size of a grapefruit, weighing 12.7 to 20.8 ounces and measuring 10.5 to 11.8 inches long.

Maternity clothes: All I wear in the pants department.  I bought my first maternity top at Target on Thursday (shown above).  I can still get into about half the shirts in my closet though.

Gender: A precious little girl named Riley Rachelle.

Movement:  Again, up and down.  She moves like a madwoman for several days, and then other days I barely feel her at all.  I can actually see my stomach move though - pretty amazing and weird all at the same time.

Sleep: Sleep is up and down.  I'm used to waking up at least once in the middle of the night.  I just have to stay off my phone or ten minutes turns into 2 hours.

Symptoms: Back pain and heartburn!!  I am also not wearing my rings because my hands swell in the evenings some and one time (pre-pregnancy) I got a ring stuck on my finger.  Never again.

What I miss: Wine and coffee.  Not second guessing every bite of food I put in my mouth.  Eating tomato sauce without regretting it for two days.

Cravings: A meatball sub.  Which I regretted for two days while I paid for it with heartburn.  Also, chocolate cake.

Food aversions: Not much - I've hit the hungry phase.  Some textures can make me gag though.

Best moment this week: Feeling her move, as always.  And popping out.  Alli says she can finally tell I'm pregnant.

What I am looking forward to: Having her - in due time!  My shower in March.  I'm slowly gaining things for her nursery, but I really look forward to her furniture coming in and getting everything painted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!