Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

I secretly like this Hallmark holiday!  Don't tell anyone, but there's something kind of nice about a day to tell people you care about them.  The romantic part of Valentine's Day has never really been a huge deal for me or my family, but the expression of love for those close to you definitely is.  Plus, my mom always had a little present for us at our breakfast spot at the kitchen table that morning.

Also, the colors of everything for Valentine's day are red and pink - two of my favorites!  Pair that with a party at school, and you've got yourself a Grade A holiday (take that, Easter).

A few weeks ago we were shopping in Target, and I spied the Valentines out.  Always one who likes to cross things off my list, I ushered Alli over to pick out her goodies for her class.  She chose Fun Dip - how awesome is that??  I don't know about you, but I loved me some Fun Dip when I was little.  So much to the dismay of every other mother in her class, I let her get them.

But Alli declared that just Fun Dip was not enough, so I went by Wal-Mart earlier this week to grab a few more fun things.  I snagged some Valentines pencils and some erasers that looked like candy hearts.  So Tuesday night we sat down and put together her Valentines bags for the class.  She announced that she would be writing everyone's names on their bags because she is really good at it.


I have to agree - she did an awesome job.  Below is her with the finished product.  Yay for Valentine's Day!!


And you know I had to let her have some of the leftover Fun Dip.  The other moms in her class are going to curse me.  I forgot what a mess that stuff was.


Happy Valentine's Day!!  XOXO

2 comments:

  1. I think G received 3 bags of fun dip too. We still have left over fun dip for Halloween. Messy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have been popular - Alli got 2-3 packets of it too! It's so messy but kids love it! Hope you guys had a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!