Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekend Recap

Our weekend started off with a bang when we had dinner with our friends Friday night.  Carrie made the most delicious chicken spaghetti, and her mom sent over a chocolate sheath cake.  You people know the weakness I have for chocolate sheath cake.  Wowza.  Alli watched movies on the couch and played with their sweet pooch Sam while we all sit at the kitchen island and drank wine and ate.  Except I couldn't drink wine, so I just ate.  And ate.  And ate.

Saturday morning, we had painters come to do some retouch work as part of our home warranty.  The seams around the trim are separating all over the house, and my little OCD brain was going bonkers.  While they were here, Ryan hit them up to paint the kitchen (the last high-ceilinged room we have to do).  I was so relieved.  That kitchen has been staring at me ever since we moved in with all of its nooks and crannies.  It was well worth the money to have someone who isn't carrying a second person around with them all the time to get 'er done.  The result was great - we'll have a whole house reveal for these rooms at some point, when they get closer to done, but here's a sneaky peaky.

We were stuck up in the game room most of the morning, but we found ways to entertain ourselves.  I blogged, Alli played, and Ryan cleaned and organized.  Along with a little wrestling and acrobatics with Alli.


I think spending so much time up in that room gave Ryan the bug to get it all pulled together.  It's low on the the list of rooms we need paint (we still have Alli's bathroom, Riley's bedroom, the laundry room, our guest room, and the half bath upstairs left too), but he was energized to at least organize it.  He even bought several shelves from Target, hung Alli's artwork supplies over her desk, and put stuff in the attic so that it finally looks like a room we use and not one we just moved in to.

The fumes from painting started to get to me, so I left for an afternoon of solo thrifting.  I prefer to do that with my mama, but you have to make the best of what you've got.  I drove to Prairie Grove to hit up my favorite antique store.


While there, I stumbled upon this.  And just like that, the search for Riley's dresser ended.  For $195 I scooped this thing up right under the noses of all of the pregnant bellies waddling around PG.  While I was checking out, they let me know that two other preggos were on their way to get it for their nursery.  I love being in the right place at the right time.


This morning, we got up and went to church, followed by riding lessons for Alli while Ryan went to Prairie Grove to actually load up my find.  Alli had a great lesson - she is improving every week!


Ryan spent the rest of the day completing his masterpiece upstairs, and I walked the dogs and took Alli to the playground.  Meatloaf and carrots are on the menu for tonight - as is an early bedtime for yours truly.  Happy weekend, everyone!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!