Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Big 30!

A very special person turned a very special age last Monday - my main squeeze turned 30!  Can you believe it?  I've known him a little under half of that time and dated/been married to him a third of it, and what a fabulous time it's been!

First tour of duty in Iraq

 I am oh so grateful that I met this hunk and even happier that he decided to marry me.  I could not have designed a better husband.  He's almost my polar opposite - calm, relaxed, even-keeled, and lots of fun.  But our humor, opinions, and personalities mesh in the most wonderful way so that we end up being perfect for each other.

First wedding anniversary - what a year!

Above and beyond being a good partner to me, he's been just about the most perfect father to Alli.  He's funny, he's energetic, and he's up for anything.  He'll play Barbies and he'll stay up all night building Legos.  She absolutely adores him, and I know Riley will be no different.  Being pregnant with him around (he was in Iraq when I was pregnant with Alli) has been so awesome.  He's attentive, he cares, and he lets me go to bed at 6PM if I need to.  Seriously, he's the best.


To celebrate his big birthday we had several friends over Sunday night to watch the Super Bowl.  We had his favorite cookie cake, wings and tenders from Slim Chickens, and lots of dips.  He had the great time he deserved with some of our most favorite people.  Saturday night, on the premise that Alli would enjoy it, we went to a new place in town called Arkadia Retrocade.  They have vintage video games, and you get unlimited plays for just $5.  Alli and I beat Ninja Turtles but the real winner was Mr. Lowe, who was in gamer heaven.


On his birthday itself I put his new Ugg slippers outside of the shower while he was in, so when he opened the door they were sitting there waiting to hug his feet.  He was an instant fan, and even tried to find a way to wear them to work that day (I think about that all the time myself).  That night Alli had a cheer performance at an FHS basketball game, and then we went for a burger at Grubs.  Once we got home Lindsey gave him his last present of the night - a baby carrier!  He begged for one with Alli and never got it, so she wanted to make sure he got one for Riley.  We even tested it out on poor Lola.  Cannot.  Stop.  Laughing.


Happy birthday to my sweet fella.  He has handled 30 with a grace that will surely escape me in a few years when it's my turn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!