Saturday, April 14, 2012

Interview with Alli

I haven't gotten my storms yet, but maybe I will tonight.  All I've gotten today is wind, which leads me to believe something is moving through.  What I have gotten that I wanted today is the opportunity to do absolutely nothing, which I when I ask for, I always remember that I find it really really boring after I get it.  In my father's speech about my grandmother at her funeral last week, he mentioned that she could best be characterized by the fact that she never used the footrest on a recliner.  Who does that sounds like?

So anyway, I've spent my relaxing Saturday getting my hair done, playing outside with Alli and her friends, and now they are bowling so I'm sitting at the kitchen table, enjoying the gusts coming through the screen door, and catching up on blogs.  After the 10 days we've had, full of work, travel, and all the emotion that goes with losing a family member, I have lost track.  One of my favorites is Centsational Girl - we got our master bathroom cabinet remodel inspiration from her, and I love her furniture rehab and her delightful white and blue decor.  Recently, though, she posted a great piece interviewing her kids, and I thought it would be fun to do the same with Alli.  She is at such a wonderful age (and such an honest one), and I think this will do a lot to help me preserve the memories of how much fun we're having right now.

When are you or when have you been most afraid?  Riding Thunderation at Branson

What has been the happiest day of your life?  Today - bowling and a sleepover

If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?  That Grandmama would come back and never die

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?  I would be able to do a back handspring without someone behind me

What is one thing that you could not live without?  Water and food and sleep

What is your favorite movie?  The Lorax

What cartoon character would you most like to be?  Isabelle from Phineas and Ferb

What is the worst thing about being 7?  Being taller than my friends

What is the best thing about being 7?  Being with my neighbors and having a slumber party

Describe your perfect day.  Going to the park, and then seeing the Lorax again.

What job would you like to have when you grow up?  A doctor because you get lots of money.  Or a veterinarian.

Who are your best friends, and why?  Addison, Sam, Gabrielle, and Emily - because they are very funny and nice


Alli circa 2006 - Remember how cute she was?

And now for the hilarious questions.  I promise, I have used her verbatim answers here.  No airbrushing.

What does Mama always say to you?  Sit down and eat.

What makes Mama happy?  When I hug and kiss her.

What makes Mama sad?  When you eat her whole chocolate bunny.

How does Mama make you laugh?  When I tell her jokes.

What was Mama like as a child?  She was really small.

How old is Mama?  28 (She's wrong, I'm 27).

How tall is Mama?  4' 17"

What is Mama's favorite thing to do?  Cheer for the Hogs

What does Mama do when you're not around?  Get her hair cut

What is Mama's favorite food?  Macaroni

What is Mama's job?  Work at JB Hunt

What is Mama really good at?  Asking questions

What is Mama really bad at?  Singing and saying bad words (oops)

How do you know your Mama loves you?  Hugs me and kisses me and says I love you very much

Where is Mama's favorite place to go?  The beach and Wal-Mart

Aren't those great?  Have a great weekend!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!