Monday, April 2, 2012

Back in the Saddle

I know we didn't get to celebrate it in blogland, but I'm sure you noticed that my birthday was a few weeks ago.  Rest assured that I celebrated it to the fullest - complete with Ricks Bakery cakes, surprise dinner parties with my close friends, a visit from my bestie, a trip to Oaklawn, and the world renowned Birthday Extravaganza.  I got a lot of really wonderful presents, but by far my favorite was the completely surprise present from my parents: a riding lesson!

Alli's been riding out at Deer Creek Farm since August, and I've thoroughly enjoyed every minute.  Her trainer, along with my family and friends, has been on me since day one to get back in the saddle myself.  I loved riding growing up, but the prospect of making the leap as a grown up was daunting to say the least.  And if it weren't for my ever persistent mother, I would probably still be ground bound.  But she talked with Susan, and surprised me completely with a lesson on Freedom, a pony at the barn who looks a lot like my Hopper.

And so a week ago Sunday on a near perfect day, I got back in the saddle.  And it was absolutely amazing.  And I can't wait until I can go again.








Update:  This past weekend, I rode again and I JUMPED!!  Look for more pictures and updates soon.  Happy trails!!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting!! That picture of you and alli is so special. I'm glad you're riding again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Meredith! I'm glad too!! And I'm glad to be back to blogging!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!