Friday, April 6, 2012

Mellow Yellow

In the previous post about the planting we did this weekend, you may have noticed something.  Here, I'll let you look again:


Awesome new plants, but see that patio set?  Wop wop.  [I think that's how you spell the "downer" sound.]  We bought this set from The Home Depot not too long after we moved in here at Chateau Lowe, around 4 years ago.  And man, has it seen better days.  Check out the bland color, complete with rust.  Not exactly screaming at me to come kick back outside.

So this weekend, after I planted like a fool and rode a pony, I decided it was time to give this guy a little upgrade.

Here are my accomplices:





Oh yeah, kids.  Mama's spray painting something!!!

I decided the old patio set needed a new spring wardrobe, and what color says "Spring!!" better than a cute lemon yellow in a gloss?  I decided to use some primer because this bad boy sits outside and has a lot of debris on it.  I decided to use the mask because I care about my health.  And I decided to go ahead and get the spray gun because, well, it's sweet.

I literally laughed out loud when I read my best friend Lara's post about spay painting, because I definitely feel her pain.  I am a results person, and spray painting yields great results, but you have to follow the tedious process to get there.  And half the time, I end up with drips, missed spots, and chunks missing because I too spray too much too soon and then try to handle it.  Darn you, impatience.  But I did my best to be patient on this little patio set, and I am pretty happy with the results:


Hello, cheery yellow.  And hello, Spring.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I'm not able to see the picture of them but I'm sure they turned out cute.

    I'm glad you're blogging again and I appreciate your sweet words on my post from a few months ago. :) We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great - I scheduled this post and forgot to add the picture. Now I'm in Little Rock, so I'll update this on Sunday when I get back! Thanks for reading, and you're welcome. We miss you too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!