Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weekend Recap

What a fun and busy weekend we Lowes had!  My mom and dad came up this weekend for my dad's annual Academy of Civil Engineers meeting.  Friday night we had a delicious dinner at Penguin Ed's and then several of us (excluding a very sleepy Ryan) played a game of Yahtzee.

Saturday, I took Landry to the vet to get microchipped and a pedicure.  I also talked to the vet some about his arthritis.  It's hell carrying 60 lbs on those legs.  Did you know that it's the policy of the City of Fayetteville to have your pets microchipped?  Landry was living outside of the law until Saturday morning.

Breakin' the law
After Landry's vet visit, Mom and I hit up some great stores downtown, including the Mustache Store and Riffraff, where we each got these awesome beach bags.  Hers is yellow with a blue sand dollar on it, and mine is this great octopus.


We also ate at a really delicious restaurant off the square in the same building as Bliss Cupcake Cafe - it's called Fresco Cafe.  The prices were really reasonable, and the food was amazing!  So fresh and tasty.  After lunch, we headed uptown to Masons and Chic.  We had the most fun at Chic - it's a cute new boutique right by Panera Bread.  I got some awesome new clothes that are not work-related.  Such a refreshing change!  I'm always buying work clothes, so I never have any fun casual clothes.  Chevron paper bag shorts, anyone?  Mom got some great new clothes herself, including a gorgeous maxi dress that's absolutely perfect for the beach.  Can you tell we have Destin on the brain?

After that, it was time to head home and get ready to head to the AMP for Hank Williams Jr.  This was mine and Ryan's second time seeing him (first at Riverfest several years ago), and he didn't disappoint!

I love these girls, but I hate standing next to them - they are too cute and tiny!
Sunday morning came a little quicker than I would have liked, but Alli got her Bible at church.  I was so happy that my parents and brother were there to see her.  After they got Bibles, they recited the books of the Old and New Testament.  It was so great!

All of the first graders




Once church was over, we headed to the barn for riding lessons.  It was the first time my parents have been able to see me ride since I've picked it back up, so I was extremely excited to show them how I was doing.  Freedom and I did several courses, a little galloping, and then finished up with a short trail ride.  Alli had a great lesson as well on Sprinkles.

When we got back to the house, Mom and Dad had to head back to Little Rock.  I wished for the thousandth time that they lived up here with us!  Ryan went to the grocery store, and Alli had been bugging me to have a picnic, so she packed us one and we went to Wilson Park.

Didn't forget a thing

Alli did a great job packing the picnic - she included sandwiches, chips, drinks, some fruit snacks, napkins, and leftover cinnamon rolls.  And she didn't even forget the blanket for us to sit on.  While we dined, she played in the castle.

She said this was her being a princess captured in the tower





The castle has a little moat around it with some koi and this huge alligator snapping turtle.  I'm not sure if you can see him too well, but he was pretty scary looking!



After all of the fun was over, we came home, cooked dinner, did the usual bed time routine - including some reading from her new Bible - and now we're finally resting!  I hope you all had a fun, wonderful weekend!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - thanks for reading!